Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Whhhhoooooooey, it's chilly!!!!



So, I chose this color because, oh it explains what is going on outside. This morning low was -8 here in Sandpoint, and -15 in Priest Lake. My question, is cold enough to freeze the lake all the way across? Yeah, I don't think it would be possible, but if it were this cold long enough, maybe. At least the wind finally stopped. I don't really mind the cold, it is the bone chilling wind that never seemed to stop. Thank God it finally stopped, I think they finally said that yesterdays windchill was -20. The winds were sustained at 27mph and gusts up to 39mph. Dean said that it really wasn't that windy in Bonners Ferry, I have been referring to Sandpoint as the "Funnel", or the "Tunnel" because how the wind just flows through this area.




Sorry, It has been so long since I have posted anything it has been a very busy couple of months. Now that the holidays are almost over, maybe we could keep you all up-to-date with all that is going on around here.




Last night was our first Christmas program. Cameron did a superb job for being 3 1/2. Mommy and Daddy were very proud of him. They sang Jingle Bells as their first song and I know that I got all choked up. Don't tell anyone, but I think Dean had a tear in his eye too. They sang a song that had to do with Christmas colors and his was Blue. He was standing in the middle of all of the classes combined. He is the youngest in his class, and you could tell by the way he was dwarfed by the two older boys to his left and right. He has been going to preschool since the middle of September and what a difference. He has become even more confident than he was before. He was shy at first when they started singing the songs, but by the end of it he was belting out his lyrics. (Don't know where he got that!)


His confidence has shown in his class work also. He has been practicing his letters and he almost has his name down without having to trace it. He knows how to say his alphabet and he can count with his exception of leaving out the #4. He loves to do that alot. His vocabulary has improved immensly right along with Evan's, I think sometimes the sentences that comes out of Evan's is better than Cameron's. It's more Evan has too keep up with his big brother.




To get to all of the other stuff going on in our world, we planned a surprise 40th Wedding Anniversary Party for Dean's parents. I have to say we did alot to pull it off. It was alot of lying which I think my mother-in-law is going to have words with me for a while about this. It took Brian and Kristi, and Reese sneaking into Sandpoint(yeah, Sneaking) and just not letting too many people know about it. O.K. we let alot of people know about it, but made sure they knew not to say anything.


Jacki said she did not suspect anything until she saw Gene and Gloria's car parked outside the hall. Jimmy, Jeff and Mark pulled off the "flat tire" scene. Good Job Guys.


Thank you to all that brought food and support throughout the month and a half of planning.




Amongst the planning and actual doing, I had to work my normal Monday & Friday stint at Sears, Had 5 Pampered Chef shows, and was a full time Mom. Oh, Yeah had a couple of birthdays and some voting to do, some picture taking and all of the everyday fun stuff that you do too. Taking Cameron to school 3 days a week, dropping him off and picking him up three hours later, and then also trying to communicate with my husband. Planning a party for about 60 people, and it being a secret, and making alot of the food, and coordinating with Kristi and Brian, who live in Hayden, it has been a fun and stressful month and a half glad it's over.




Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!!!!




O.K., so now my focus is of course Christmas. I may be a little late getting presents and Christmas cards out, so I am giving everyone fair notice now. Too everyone hope you all have a great day!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Happy Anniversary Ma and Pa Holt! Wish we could have been there. Good job pulling the whole thing off! It couldn't have been easy.

    ReplyDelete