Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cabin Fever and it's only December

I don't understand it, I already have cabin fever. I think the boys think that their mom has lost her mind. It has been 5 days of our cold weather and I am about to pull my hair out. I think that it is the fact that everyone is locked down. O.K. maybe that is an exageration, but that is what it feels like when it is too cold to play outside, the roads around here are actually a piece of $*%@ ( which doesn't happen that often around here considering we have more snow removal equipment than the City of Spokane), and because Christmas is around the corner and presents that are not wrapped are filling what little counter space I have left in my kitchen. MY HOUSE IS CLOSING IN ON ME!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! (Like I said I want to pull my hair out!!!)
I am using this as a way to vent. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ARE READING THIS, THANK YOU!!!!

The boys don't know what to do either. Cameron, after we came home from preschool, said to me in the car "mommy don't pull into the garage I want to play in the snow!!!". I had to explain to my 3 1/2 yr old that it is still too cold to play outside (my cats have even picked up on that, and they aren't too smart). Yeah he's 3 1/2 and he doesn't understand.
Some or all of you are wondering how in the world could we even get a car in the garage, well with this lovely weather Dean and I actually decided to take it head on (the garage that is). With our subzero weather we decided that the cats would probably like the garage better that their little igloo house that we got them. We had to toss some stuff and move some stuff around and put them in their proper spot and took some stuff to Goodwill, but we finally succeeded Saturday afternoon. It feels good to have project done in which we have been working on since we moved into our home in January of 2002. WhooHOoo, it's done.(NOW, to tackle our bedroom/office, but that's going to be screamfest some other day, I don't know maybe tomorrow!)

Thanks to blogspot for giving me a place to vent properly. I fell much better now!!! Now to tackle my messy kitchen without the 2yr old (he is taking his nap right now, Thank GOD).

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh. The good old days. I remember those days; every woman with children does! But you too shall make it through.
    One fun thing to try: set up a little tent in the living room and read stories by flashlight. Or just throw a blanket over the dining room table and put their cars in there. A little novelty goes a long way!

    ReplyDelete