Friday, January 23, 2009

Got Moose?!!!


Well we think that the neighborhood moose from last year is back. Maybe it's not the same one, but I would like to think that it is. She has a little (and that is relative) one with her, maybe a two year old, how cool is that. A friend of mine from down the street left me a text message saying there was a moose in the neighbors yard and she had a picture to prove it. I went outside at the time to see if I could see it and right then Fish and Game came driving through. I looked around but did not see anything, so I started walking toward the house and in our neighbors front yard, under the Hawthorne tree, was a moose eating all of the greenery around. I went in to let the boys know and came back out with the camera(and the boys of course). I snapped a picture and next thing you know I look down the street and a bigger moose is walking down the sidewalk. It was awesome watching them, they have hung out in Dean's parents yard also. They have left dropping there to prove it. By the way this was two days ago.
So today I look out the front window and there is a moose eating the neighbors tree (snap, snap again). I called Dean to let him know that the moose was in the neighborhood again, and as I said that I notice what looked like tracks in the front yard between the house and the crabapple tree, now that is close and I wish I would have seen it then. How exciting, gotta love it in Northern Idaho.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool Karrie! The boys must have LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Karrie, as these pictures are much better than the ones I was able to get with Dean when we were last out there. Next time, you be the moose spotter. Jay

    ReplyDelete