Monday, January 26, 2009

Finally out of my funk

Yeah, even though it was 3 degrees this morning when Dean left for work, I am finally out of this funk that I have been in.

Let me see the funk includes:

1. Being sick for almost 3 months straight. (It actually started as an upper chest cold, got better for 3 days, then went into this sinus thing for 3 1/2 weeks) Not fun!!!

2. Holidays: Actually I really like the holidays, but this year it was a little off. I haven't even got my Christmas cards out ( They have become the "Welcome to 2009, Happy Inauguration, and Happy Valentines Day Card") how pathetic, but I guess this is a lesson for next year.

3. Daylight: What can I say, daylight is a great thing for the soul, it has become lighter much later in the day now. Last night we noticed it was light after 5:00 P.M., what a difference that makes when we were having daylight only until 3:30PM or so. Just makes a person feel good.

4. Diet: O.K., so the only person to blame on this one is myself (oh, and all those people who made oh, so yummy holiday treats). All right I'll blame myself, it is will power after all. Not what everyone else puts right in front of your face.

5. Unorganization: This is a long one. We have so much stuff, but no place to put it, until now. I have to thank my husband on this one. He took vacation 2 weeks ago and we decided to tackle it head on and we are living much happier these days. We could not take the clutter anymore. For all of you who have been to our house we have got a long hallway which includes our laundry/mud room from out of the garage. It was becoming a cluttered catch all with NO organization what-so-ever. We decided to change that with closet-maid shelves, a new cabinet base and counter top. We now have a huge area to fold laundry (hang it too, while folding), and put all of that stuff that did not belong in the bedrooms/kitchen/bathrooms/hallway floor, or garage where you cannot find it. We also put up 8 shelves throughout the house. 3 in our bedroom above the computer desk, 2 above the comode in the bathroom, and 3 in the living room/front entry way.

6. Weather: I know I always end-up talking about the weather(which always starts or finishes a conversation when you have nothing else to talk about), but really it was a factor, just look at my other blogs.

O.K., so I think I have reached all of my points for my "funk", but have I found a solution for each of them?
I think I have:
1. No longer sick ( O.K. a little bit of a cough a couple of times a day, but not like it was, not even close)
2. The holidays are over. Yes, I need to get the cards out and get the Christmas gifts I have not gotten to everyone, but everyone is very understanding and if not well, I guess they will never understand.
3. I explained the daylight thing. Anyone who has lived near the 48th latitude understands completely.
4. I started my more healthy diet 3 days ago and have lost 3 pounds. I also have not had these spikes and drops, which come along with a very unhealthy diet. (I do need to work on the working out part, but baby steps, I will get there).
5. Organization (and getting rid of stuff) is a healthy thing for anyone. We still are not completely done with our de-cluttering, but working on it everyday which makes me feel good. 6. O.K., weather is one thing I obviously have no control over, but it has improved in the sense that we can at least get around much better now even if it is buck @$$ cold out there.
Oh, well you can't have everything.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Karrie,
    Have you ever checked out the flylady.com website. It really helped me get organized and get into a routine that works for me. I'm not nearly as overwhelmed by housework as I was. And remember when my girls were the age of your boys I lived in a tiny, cramped 2-Bedroom apt with NO garage!!! I'm glad Dean re-did the laundry area. There was so much potential there!

    ReplyDelete